Travels & Thoughts

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Coke, what were you thinking?



I was wandering around the brand new CVS in town looking for nothin in particular, except a coaxial cable, and saw this mystery-of-a-drink. Well, upon further inspection, it really dosent say much of what it is, or what's in it or what is tastes like. Technically, it is a Carbonated Fusion Beverage. I was so curious I went for it. The initial woft was mystical, if not as unlike soda as you could possibly get. The taste is equally dark and lurking, leaving a what-was-that carbonated taste in your mouth. That ain't no regular Coca-Cola. It is Coke mixed with...with...coffee?

Wow, what were they thinking- combine two highly contrasting, highly caffinated liquids, and it should by default taste good. No. Not in the least. People drink coffee in the morning to wake up. People drink soda when they watch sports. So the million dollar question is, what do you eat with this concoction to make it look the least bit justifiable? If anyone has found any food that goes well with this drink, seriously I would like to know. Until then I am going to painfully down the rest of this bottle, and eventually sell the bottle on eBay, as the drink is being phased out in the next few months. I would rather chug motor oil with my meal than quench my thirst with this.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home