Travels & Thoughts

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Wonders Of Body Wash

(For those of you with little time on your hands or have disposable income, feel free to ignore this blog).

For everyone else, let me explain.  Body wash is some great stuff.  It makes showering simple and there's no more dropping the soap.  It comes in many distinct scents and leaves your skin smooth and moisturized.  What's the catch?  Say you can't have too much body wash in your life?  

It dawned on my one day while I was brainstorming ways to to laundry without actually doing laundry (5 euros for wash and dry isn't cheap).  Well in my bathroom there is a sink.  Now I'm not sure how to emulate the pulsating and rotating environment of an industrial washing machine in my small sink, but as long as the water, soap and clothes mix together, I am not complaining.  After a few hours soaking, I scrub my clothes, rinse them and hang them in the shower.  Just a small amount of body wash saved me 5 euros.  This has now become an almost constant process, since the load size is limited and I don't have a huge amount of clothes with me.

This got me thinking, as I was deciding to clean the toilet bowl with the provided bowl brush.  Well I could buy some huge concentrated bowl cleaning liquid.  However another glance at my trusty body wash and the label tells me it is "engineered with odor-removing cleansers."  It's even the same color as the real toilet cleaning stuff.  Another victory in body wash usage.

Of course I had stratified my past uses to come up with new, innovative ways to substitute body wash for what seems an approximate clone.  These new avenues of body wash utilization include dish washing and shaving cream (For now I have a decent supply of dish soap and shaving cream so I'll save the body wash for other purposes).  

So if you find yourself dirty, unshaven with no clean clothes sitting on a less than desirable toilet with dirty dishes by your side, don't panic.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • MMMMM, that spaghetti looks good! Is that a slice of cheese on top?
    It makes me hungry.
    Your creativity with the Body Wash is quite amusing! Glad you and your toilet and your clothes are staying Clean!!!

    By Blogger Trish, At 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home