Travels & Thoughts

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Goverment Issue MIDI Controller


As a Part of the Emusician Xtra emails that flood my inbox, there's alwaysa section of links devoted to new ideas, ranging from scientific theories to other more studious blog posts. This one caught my eye as it was labeled "Driver's License as MIDI Controller for Ableton Live". Being an avid user of both Live and several (more conventional) MIDI controllers, I was immediately watching the above video in amazement. Turns out (if you know how to build your own MIDI I/O) you can use the magnetic strip of a driver's license or any swipeable card much like a ribbon controller to control parameters in Live. I'm sure this technique works with other progrmas, but the above example using the finger on the card with the filter works like it was almost meant to be.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home