Travels & Thoughts

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Studio Session April 4th

This was one of those sessions where I didn't have high hopes for getting much done, but I was totally wrong. For one, I really didn't have any talent lined up to come in, and I didn't want to track another beat up version of "My Hero". I knew I wanted to lay down the second guitar part, yet as we compared the best take we did to the real song, I had forgotten one small riff after the chorus, hence the elongated pause in the song where I had a feeling that I had missed a part. So I put that back in, and was left with the dilemma of the end, because on the "best take" I forgot to reapeat the chorus at the end. Still it remained the best take of three so I kept it and decided to work with it. So during the next session I'll be mixing and compressing the tracks for this and rendering the 2-mix to a CD. After the tracking, I had Eric come in to play some tenor sax. As for mics I used I had a SM-58 for the direct sound and the Groove Tubes 55 for the room sound about 4 feet away. After a few takes of this I decided to add my mediocre drumming skills. After regaining some basic coordination in my arms and legs, I was able to lay down a beat for some smooth saxophone. Best part was, I used a single AKG C-414 B to mic the entire kit, raised about 5 feet above the kick drum giving it a very good overall sound. I wish I had a picture of the setup. I'll also burn the 2-mix for this session next time as well.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home