Travels & Thoughts

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Is that enough?

As a newly proclaimed cook extraordinaire, I find myself preparing food to please the eye and hopefully the stomach. The attractive blend of ingredients is a top priority, while the amounts of each ingredient are more carefree. Exceptions to this rule include meatballs and french toast, which have more delicate recipes. I tend to eat pasta often as it is versatile and comes in 1 kilogram bags selling for a Euro. Yet as my following meals can attest, I am having difficulty defining that perfect amount:

-This was just some pasta with chicken in a carbonara sauce.  Not too much for one meal, but a warning sign.

-Glorious chicken parmesan.  Although the plate seems tame, I went back for a healthy portion of seconds as well as some fries.

-The behemoth...What was I thinking!  This was the first meal in a long time I didn't finish in one sitting, but I could not let myself fall victim to its size, so I finished it for breakfast.  (This was the first meal I measured the pasta instead of pouring the bag in.  Go figure.)


Who knew 4 cups was too much for a serving?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home