Travels & Thoughts

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's All in the Name: Evolution Control Surfaces now M-Audio?

Today, I was perusing the Ableton website, as I just bought the Live 5.2 upgrade, and was looking at all the bundled packages they sell with Live. I had heard of the Evolution UC-33e, but never really gotten a good look at it. With 9 faders, 24 knobs and 10 assignable buttons, its a control freaks dream come true, especially for use with Live. Googling the Evolution was less-amazing: No Evolution website? Perhaps a mistake. Nope. Truth is M-Audio now sells all the Evolution products. Slightly confused, I entered the M-Audio website and learned all about the UC-33e. Now I want it, along with its DJ-Counterpart, the X-session.

Nothing against M-Audio, I love my Radium 49 MIDI Controller, but why couldn't Evolution continue to sell their products under their own name? Probably M-Audio bought out Evolution and now are going to stick their name on Evolution's ideas. Not like this affects me negatively in any way. Just wanted to write about my search for some sweet MIDI controllers.

Evolution UC-33e

Evolution X-Session

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home